You may be familiar with concerns about radon in the air of your home,
but what about your water?
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that has no color, odor or
taste, and comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil. Soil
under the home releases radon, which escapes to the air, where it can
dissolve in water and accumulate in your well. Radon can be inhaled
when it is released from water while showering, washing dishes, or
cooking. It can also be ingested directly through drinking water. Inhaled
radon is of the greatest concern as it increases the risk of lung cancer.